See how a landmark building is renovated and transformed by combining classic and modern architectural elements
Designed by architect Augustus Warren Gouldand built in 1906, TwoPine shares a history with its famous neighbor—Pike Place Market, which also began operation in 1907. Originally opened as the Standard Furniture Company building, it was one of Seattle’s first reinforced concrete structures and the character and history of 100+ years is beautifully preserved today in the newest iteration as TwoPine.
TwoPine’s renovation was designed by the renowned Seattle-based architect Olson Kundig. Their design practice is founded on the ideas that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture and people. This landmark building is thoughtfully being renovated by LBA Realty and Olson Kundig combining both classic and modern architectural elements to building exterior, lobby and common areas.